Monday, June 2, 2008

Friends Forever



Friends. Without them, life would be so much less joyful, so much more stressful & definately lonely.
While with them, we sometimes take them for granted, fret over petty issues & are always disappointed when we learn that they are human like us; imperfect & likely to have an occasional difference in opinion.
Jealousy is a common guest in any friendship at times; the ultimate test of even the Best of friendships.

But despite all this, I love my friends & I thank God for blessing me with each & every one. I love that a sad heart can suddenly burst with the relief of laughter when Im with them. I love that we can offer different perspectives to eachother, to alleviate confusion & instead have a new revelation of understanding. I love that sharing our personal 'stuff' is better than therapy, & usually leaves us in histarics, & our husbands shocked & perplexed by our shameless openess.
I love that a good friend can detect the slightest hue of trouble beneath a beautiful smile. I love that the second word reaches my girlfriends about some drama, theyre there in a second. And I love doing the same for them.
I love how confrontations & arguments between my friends & I almost always turns into an embrace, & maybe even a tear.
I love how we seem to notice things at exactly the same time. I love to encourage my friends. I love being able to tell eachother that the thong is protruding from our pants, & save eachother from the embarrassment of any one other than our friends seeing it. I love when my friends tell me to never change, that they love me & that I crack them up. And I love how my best friends & I could be apart for months, even years but manage to continue on where we left off as if time had stood still.
Not every one understands me. And I dont always understand others. But my friends have my back & I theirs, & thats all that matters.

"A friend loves at all times & a brother is born for adversity." Proverbs 17:17

No comments: