Monday, July 7, 2008

More Listening, More Fruit...

This past week has been interesting...eye-opening to say the least. Spiritually speaking, the gates of radical awareness & specific prophetic knowledge from the holy of holies just blasted wide open.

So I'll start backwards with yesterday & my pastor's words about 'receiving' what is ours...that he declares we are all prophetic at Freedom House b/c of the prophetic mantle over that ministry...
I thought about my own 'wow' encounters recently with the prophetic (& how ppl over the years have so annoyingly labelled it as psychic>:? ...no, Psychic=Stupid! & Prophetic=Perfect Peace)...And how much I long to be as fruitful & productive as I can in this way, so others will be encouraged, healed, blessed, even saved!

On the other side of it, there are some in my family who are involved with the occult, to what extent I dont know, but God does, & I get the what if's thinking about "what if"...the lies the enemy has them believing are blown out of the water when the Holy Spirit starts to minister to them through HIS specific knowledge, HIS peace, leading them into HIS truth!! Almost every day I think about this. And then I think...God is calling us...you and me, to speak these words of life into those who can't hear His voice, so he can then touch their hearts & accomplish his will for them & us...


This past month I have heard from God is so many ways, SO specifically, before actual events had occured. He told me that a friend wouldn't in fact be showing up at a festival we were going to...I shared this with my husband, which is what I do now, to encourage him in his walk with God too:) I tell my daughter too, that we ALL can hear from God...we just have to listen, it will happen if we're patient.
So there were thousands of ppl...& I just knew she hadnt shown although she said she was going for sure. She told me the next day they didn't go (b/c her friend couldnt find the baby car seat.)
Same friend...her family was gone away camping for 10 days without her, b/c she just started working as a PSW & didnt want to skip off work.
After the first wknd together, she was enjoying the break from the very busy life of 3 young kids & loud husband (did I just say that? hehe)
I sensed God told me they were coming home early, but didnt say anything to her, b/c she prob. would've been bummed out, lol. So once again, i told my husband & GOD was right again! So, they came home a day early & my friend had to cancel our plans. (Little did she know I had a 'heads up' about our plans that night, lol)

And Again, after my daughter had gone to a sleepover, God told me to gather the family the next day & pray...first asking forgiveness of sins...& reminding my daughter that we need to do this every day. I shared this with my husband, he said ok, we then find out the next day that while God had told us to pray, our daughter & her friend had 3 frightening demonic encounters that night. God is so awesome, what a father, protector, counsellor, teacher & friend!
These last weeks my family, friends & I have been surprised & amazed at the things God has been revealing...& HOW MUCH MORE I want to hear from him, & know his voice with certainty so I can pray/encourage others in confidence that any specific knowledge I share with them is directly from the Holy Spirit, without diluting any part of it.

As Pastor Brian spoke, I kept hearing the word "receive" & I could see several strings dangling from above our heads with a tag attached to the bottom of each. Each tag would read a different word, one said 'salvation' , another, 'victory', another, 'healing' , 'ministry'...& so on.
The holy spirit was saying, if you Really want something, what do you do? Do you not reach out for it?
I then saw a little boy in a store with his dad, pleading nonstop for his dad to get him a super cool candy. ANd This particular time, b/c he was so persistent, the dad was happy to buy his son the treat. Then I saw Jesus standing next to me in the same way, saying; "And it's the same with you...if you want something, why not ask your heavenly Father for it?" Ask & you will receive...
I then saw Jesus riding on a wave, & lined up along each side were several angels...he said there's a tidal wave coming, & its going to wash over us...though I didnt sense any fear.
>A little later, Steve got up to share what God had shown him. It was a river with a wave & an undertow...some ppl were swimming frantically while others were calm & just went with it. The ppl in the water were those at Freedom House. He said the reaction of those of us in the water was dependant on our trust in Him.
So i dont know what Gods about to do, but I kinda hope it doesnt involve water literally, cause I am not a strong swimmer! Guess I'll just have to trust him; afterall He's the best lifeguard ever! LOL

10 comments:

Valorosa said...

Wonder if the river he saw was a Class IV river http://www.baygateways.net/riverclasses.cfm

This speaks waters of turmoil to me ... rapids with undertows and waves. Challenging to those who are experienced river runners and frightening to those who are not.

Will be interesting to see ... you may be surprised at who the trusting ones around you are and who are not LOL

melanie said...

yeah, doesnt exactly sound like a bubbling brook:P Could mean more trials to come, ~deep breath~ but sure hope you're wrong! Im more than ready for some invigorating victories!! (& maybe a trip to the spa wouldnt hurt, hehe)

Dave Carrol said...

Mel what a great post!

It's not a turmoil river... but it's fast! Ha... it's quite something that every time you relinquish control over an area in life and just let God take you in his current... life get better and more and more free!

I put up steve's word and the powerpoint from sunday on the blog www.freedomhousebrantford.blogspot.com

Valorosa the podcast is there too if wanted to hear further.

Mel... go hard! You rock

melanie said...

Thanks Dave...its cool to be able to share what Gods doing/saying somehow, esp. when I resist going up in front of a live crowd, lol.

So I checked out the FH blog, & once again got kicked out...the same thing happens when I read your blog, every time~ my comp crashes or I get kicked out...has this happened to anyone else that you know of? ...LOL cant help but feel 'unwelcome' on a Christian site! kinda hilarious actually in a ironic sort of way...

Dave Carrol said...

kicked out?

no i've never heard that before.

very weird... hmmmmmmmm

melanie said...

Yep. Although speaking of the 'occult' our comptr was given to us by someone involved in that crap to some degree...not to judge, but maybe its posessed or something, lol...k I claim healing & deliverance over my computer in Jesus' name! :)

Valorosa said...

Thanks for the invite Dave.
I'll meander on over there .... see if it kicks me out too :-)

I'll be back ...

Valorosa said...

OK I got in. :-)

I have a better understanding of the vision now. Cool.

Trust is a challenge to our society. Everything is in fairly good order and we have come to trust more in that than the Lord.

He asked me the other day when I was thinking of changing jobs ... Why have you not consulted me ...

Yes, why hadn't I?

I'm excited to see what is in store ...

melanie said...

Thought this would be the perfect place to share a very relevant testimony of words of knowledge from God, that JUST played a part in saving my cousin's husband, Kelton's life a couple days ago. First I want to add that this couple are in a popular Gospel singing group based out west called the 'Singing Hills'...have been fervously serving the Lord for years:)
Kelton was involved in a horrific accident while driving a cement truck...but just moments before, he heard his wife's gentle voice reminding him lovingly to fasten his seatbelt. So he did.
As he continued down the stretch of highway, the weight of the truck caused it to sway & roll 3 times.
Kelton was rushed to hospital & treated for MINOR wounds...meanwhile the police on the scene could NOT believe he had survived this...
MEanWhile...my uncle had come across this accident while on the road, got out to see the wreckage; upon impact, the dashboard & steering wheel etc. were crunched just a couple inches from the drivers seat. (Now, Kelton is not a small man either!) So my uncle then asked police who the driver was only to be told it was his neice's husband, Kelton.

He called his daughter Deb to tell her to call Corrie & tell her that Kelton was in an accident that likely had killed him.
Little did he know, God had miraculously spared Kelton's life. As of last night, my dad was told that he was treated for lacerations all over his body & a blood clot behind his eye that has to be treated....
other than that, Kelton is FINE.
I believe God spoke to Kelton through his wife's voice, knowing he would obey, lol. Sure hope my husband would do the same if he heard MY voice in his ear! LOL
What a testimony this will be esp. through their singing ministry...God Bless 'em!!

Valorosa said...

Wow ... :-)