Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Road Travelled

Something that God said to me last week really stood out & ever since, I understand it more clearly to an even greater depth throughout various situations around me. Those words were;
"Never forget where you came from. Never forget the distance I have carried you. For this would not be to your benefit & pride may result; thus inhibiting my plans to use you."
It really made me think...how this makes sense on so many levels. To not dwell on the past of course, but rather...remain in a position of thankfulness & surrender to God for all HE'S done, not only to bring HIM glory, but to remain humble; & ready, willing & able to serve Him (& others who struggle with the very things that He has delivered me from.)
As I & my loved ones -even those not yet living for God--look on my past, we marvel at how God has intervened in my life in such miraculous ways. To glance back, gets less & less painful as my heart is continually flooded with praise & gratitude for His grace. I will never forget what He has done for me & my favorite part is I get to give HIM all the credit:)

No comments: