Thursday, February 14, 2008

We have a Defender!

Every now & then, we all have those moments of misery when life treats us unfairly. When false accusations & harsh words are thrown at us. When life as we know it is just too big a burden for our shoulders to carry any further, & we dream of better times. How perfect would it be, to travel far far away & give our tired brains & broken spirits a much needed rest, our hearts some time to heal.

So today while considering such ponderings with my dad, he said the words I had earlier heard the Lord speak into my heart; that He is our Defender. A Protector. A Provider & a God who says he prepares a table for us in the presence of our enemies..annointing our heads with oil, as our cup overflows. He shines his face on us & his light all things, exposing the darkness; to be bold & confident in these things; to give our cares to him, for he cares for us. To cast our burden on Him & he will give us rest.

We aren't meant to barely scrape by in life. Or run away from problems; we can stay right where we are, amidst our conflicts/situations & be victorious! We are meant to hold firmly to a God who only wants the best for us...an abundant life. Prosperous. Joyous. Rested. Confident & assured that He is our Defender.

Psalm 56:9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help. This I know: God is on my side!

Isaiah 51:21-23 "...your God has taken up his people's case: "Look I've taken back the drink that sent you reeling. No more drinking from that jug of my anger! I've passed it over to your abusers to drink, those who ordered you, 'Down on the ground so we can walk all over you!' And you had to do it. Flat on the ground, you were the dirt under their feet."

No comments: